Performance Massage is performed at the Sun Devil Fitness Complex by Melissa Schademann and Roger Johnson.
You do NOT need to be a Sun Devil Fitness Complex member to get a massage here.
Types of Massage Available
- Full Body Swedish Massage is a relaxation massage, characterized by long, soothing strokes of firm pressure which enhances circulation and muscle tone. It also provides relief from tension, anxiety, worry and many other sources of stress. Clients often experience renewed energy and relief for several days or longer.
- Therapeutic Massage manipulates soft tissue to reduce inflammation, release muscle spasms, and promote the healing of injuries.
- Sport Massage is particularly designed as a pre and post-event therapy. Massage prior to the athletic event loosens, warms, and readies the muscle for intensive use. Post event massage relieves pain, prevents stiffness and shortens the recovery period.
- Also offered: reflexology, chair massage, Thai massage, pregnancy massage, Reiki and PNF stretching.
- 1/2 Hour Massage - $30
- 1 Hour Massage - $45
- 75-minute massage - $55
- 90-minute massage - $65
Massage Appointments Available:
- Monday - Friday: 9 a m - 9:30 p.m. (last appointment)
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Contact Sun Devil Fitness at (480) 965-8329 to schedule an appointment. A credit card is required to reserve an appointment. Payment in full is required at the time the appointment is made.
|Roger Johnson, CMT, is a 2005 graduate of AKS Massage School in Herndon, Virginia. Beginning with Swedish and Deep Tissue massage, he since then has taken his experiences in those modalities to new heights, adding Trigger Point, Esalen, Sports Massage, table stretching, and myofascial release techniques to his repertoire. Roger's client base ranges from those with who are stuck behind a computer screen, travelers, stressed students, athletes, body builders, stay at home professionals and anyone in between. Massage style is a solid combination of techniques and can be customized to any style you prefer. From those who seek stress relief, to those who need deep work. Best described as a firm and relaxing touch.|
|"As an Arizona native, I graduated from Chandler-Gilbert Community College with my AAS in Therapeutic Massage in May 2007. I became Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork in August 2008. I have been a part of the American Massage Therapy Association since 2007. I have worked on a variety on individuals including triathletes, personal trainers, stay at home moms, business professionals, professional athletes and many more."|
Commonly Asked Questions
Must I be completely undressed?
Most massage techniques are traditionally performed with client unclothed; however, you may decide what amount of clothing you prefer to wear for your own comfort. You will be properly draped at all times to keep you warm and comfortable. Only the area being worked will be exposed.
What parts of the body will be massaged?
You and the practitioner will discuss the desired outcome of your session. This will determine which parts parts of your body require massage. Typically a fully body massage will include work on your back, arms, legs, feet, hands, head, neck and shoulders.
What should I do during the session?
Make yourself comfortable. The therapist will either gently move you or tell you what is needed throughout the session (such as lifting your arm). Many people just close their eyes and completely relax. Feel free to ask questions about the massage in general or about the particular technique you are receiving.